Friday, September 23, 2011

My Studio/Office

So every photographer has a studio. Some have an actual studio located somewhere within the city with it's own address. Some have a built in office/studio within their amazing big home. Some call "Starbucks" their office/studio. Either way, every photographer has a space they claim theirs where they do all their brainstorming, editing, emailing of clients, etc. Me? My studio/office... is my bedroom. YES... my bedroom. What can I say... I'm a starving artist in the beginnings of establishing her business and everyone knows the first few years or so are the toughest when developing your business and making a name for yourself. I'm at home living with my mom (Thank you mom for allowing this 25 year old to be back in the house while I leap into this career while completely ditching my nursing career!) Most "professionals" would probably think I'm out of my mind for sharing this kind of info BUT this is MY blog and I want all my clients knowing me on a personal level. :) I always love making friendships out of a photoshoot! SO with that said... welcome to my studio...





*** My desk where all the major editing happens, though I have been craving some Italian soda from Kissaten and might edit there again soon! Ok... YES I am aware that there is a pad under my desk... NO it's not for me! My mother INSISTS on treating our dog as a baby and instead of taking him OUTSIDE like a REAL dog to use the bathroom, she has a puppy pad restroom going on in MY room. Don't worry clients... I will never bring you here for a meeting! I only meet at dog pee free areas!






*** My heaven!!! Thank you Ty Pennington for making such AWESOMELY PRETTY and amazingly comfy, oh so soft sheets!




*** Look at my brand new pretty mouse!!! I literally bought it 2 days ago!




*** And last but not least... what makes editing go by faster and completes my life... thank you BOSE speakers for being so AWESOME and providing me with jams that make me shake my booty. :)




Well that's my studio until I have millions of dollars for a fancy one in the future... thanks for stopping by! :)

5 comments:

  1. oohh i love your setup! very modern looking - i like that "song music" plaque in the last picture.. can you make your photos bigger on this thing? haha and OMG i don't know why i never wondered where sammy went to pee. because i've never really seen him outside ... i can't believe your mom puts the puppy pad in your room!! ahahahahahahahahahhah she is hilarious! --michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can click on the picture silly!! And it makes it bigger! And YES... Candace puts sammys puppy pads in there and I wake up every morning to a lovely present... ugh! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. oohhh haha i don't know why i never tried clicking on the photo to make it bigger! haha damnn girrlll you have good style.. please come and decorate my home for me! hahah except.. what are those dinosaurs doing on the top of the window sill?? hahaha -- michi

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA omg here I'm thinking no one will notice them so I decided to just leave them there. BUT of course leave it up to my bff to comment on them. And here's the real kicker... when I told my mom you noticed them guess what she said.. "OH gosh thats hilarious... that's AQUARIUS for ya! We're so observant!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Typical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice blue camera picture!! :) hahahahah. i like your "studio". its very simple & fits your style very well!!!

    -reneeeeeeee :)

    ReplyDelete