Saturday, December 25, 2010

xmas at 24 years old

So it's funny how the older you get the less of a big deal xmas gets in a sense of gifts and giving. When your younger all you can think about is when santa is going to be putting that bike under your tree or that sega genesis (OOOLD SCHOOL). Also waking up and dispersing the presents separating yours from your younger brothers and parents. Always feeling bad your mom and dad only have about 3 to open. You feel sooo awesome with 30 boxes surrounding you, you sit in a barricade of shiny wrapped gifts waiting for your mom to give you the green light. Christmas today at 24 years old... I sleep in. First thing on my mind when I wake up... When can we eat and what will we eat? Whats under the tree? There is no tree... its such a hassle to clean up the leaves and dementia grandpa will fuss with it way too much. ALL 3 of my presents were already opened from the moment I got it from my best friends a week before. But of course those envelopes from relatives are still and maybe even NICER at 24. :) NO this is not a bashing xmas Grinch stealing scrooge blog. Its just realizing how funny life is and the process of growing up. I still love December and xmas... yes its still my favorite time of year. Just for different reasons... I decided to make December my relax take a break month. I've worked so hard this past year with 3 jobs and kick starting my photography business. I had a nice week long vaca of nothing (kinda) Of course I ended up doing a family portrait and met with a couple of brides... I just can't really fully not do anything, its just in my blood to work!! BUT all in all I did a lot of partying and with the little bro whose home from SF. xmas is the time to enjoy the simplicity of being together and enjoying family time. I'd say this xmas was a total success! :)

BUUT here are some GREEEAAAT stuff i got this year!! Thanks Mung Bean and bro for the xmas gifts!!!





5 comments:

  1. glad you got to take a little break from your hectic life :) .. i agree xmas is definitely not as big a deal. i can't believe how much money my dad used to give me to buy presents for everyone from elem to high school! haha presents are always nice though! and your earings are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeaah right??? I remember in elem the many SANRIO stuff i would buy for people. LOL ohh good times! i enjoy though being able to just buy for you and steph :) You guys the only people i care for anyway :) i am sooo looking forward to girls night thursday! lets have some driiinks please!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEIRD cause i was thinking if writing this in my yearly thank you cards to my parents' friends who still give me presents!
    so cute you got wish upon a star but then i already knew that from facebook stalking you ahahhahah
    and that picture of your watch looks like it could be in one of their magazines/ad

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG stephanie commented!!!?????? :D :D :D i have the best bffs in the world!! makes me feel like im not writing to myself. You guys are the BEST! And oooo thanks I wish i could take pics for nixon ads.. shan would love that!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg stephanie's first comment!!! ahahah yayyy :) your parents' friends still get your presents? wtf my dad doesn't have any friends! hahah sad.

    ReplyDelete