Saturday, January 15, 2011

Feeling the Music!!

So this blog is completely off topic and random. Yes... It is currently 3:02am saturday 1/15/2011. I am wide awake and for the life of me can't even push myself to try and sleep. SO that is how this blog is happening right now. Aside from photography, music plays a HUGE role in my life. I was a HUGE band geek in high school... played the clarinet, was first chair, had the solos, was in marching band all throughout high school, was section leader and here's the real kicker... I LOVED EVERY MOMENT OF IT!!!! Anyway, music is another part of me that allows me to express myself like with photography (as if I have a problem expressing myself through words with my big ass mouth!) Art and Music consumes my life. This blog is about my other love. I mainly talk about photography and my business but I'm in the mood to share what fills the other side of my heart. There are a few songs lately that I been jamming to and living to. One thing about music I love is the ability to take a song and relate it to how your feeling at that time. Some songs just GRAB you and it's like the artist wrote it with you in mind. I love when that happens. Now although I wish everyday I was living to tunes like "What A Feeling"(Flashdance) - Irene cara or "walking on sunshine" - katrina and the waves, it just doesn't work like that. People would think that I was on drugs or that I was mentally unstable. So below I will list a few songs for you to check out. I been feeling the vibe of these songs or been experiencing some of the contents, or just plain right jammin to it while I edit pics cuz the beat gets me going. So check it and hope at least one of the songs is able to grab at you like it did for me.

"Forever and a Day" - Kelly Rowland
"Lisztomania" - Phoenix
"Heaven Forbid" - The Fray
"Shy that Way" - Tristan Prettyman and Jason Mraz
"Please Don't Go" - Mike Posner

1 comment:

  1. i don't think i've listened to any of the songs you listed, so i'll give it a try! haha or at least i don't recognize the titles.. but i'm never up on what's new with music.. you should record yourself playing your guitar and singing and post it up here! and MARCHING BAND??? god what a nerd.. those kids were always practicing on SUNDAYS and school mornings at fricken 7 in the morning! weirdos!!

    ReplyDelete